Chris Ferareza is a Partner in the Advisory Services Division of P&A Grant Thornton. He is the Firm’s Oversight Partner for Internal Audit and Compliance. Previously, he was the Partner in Charge of Training of the Audit & Assurance Division, where he was a former partner for about 10 years, and Head of Branches of the Firm.
Prior to his elevation to partnership, Chris assisted in the Firm’s Technical Standards Group and Risk Management for six years while performing his regular client servicing responsibilities.
Chris has over 20 years of experience in the audit of local and multinational companies in a wide range of industries. He has led high-profile due-diligence audits of international and local companies.
Under P&A’s global secondment program, Chris spent two years in the USA, where he worked for the Chicago office of Grant Thornton USA (GTUS). He participated in one of the biggest financial reconstruction projects of GTUS involving one of USA’s largest health-care providers.
Chris also taught accounting and auditing subjects for two years at one of the country’s leading universities.
Real estate, banking and finance, construction, food and beverage, energy, education, manufacturing and trading, mining, business process outsourcing and non-profit.
- Certified Public Accountant
- Green and Gold Awardee (Outstanding Alumnus), Far Eastern University
- Rotary Club of Makati (RCM) – Rotarian of the Year (2018 and 2017), Director of the Year (2020 and 2017) and Chairman of the Year (2019 and 2014)
Memberships and Affiliation
- Association of Certified Public Accountants in Public Practice – Committee Chairman and former Director
- Auditing and Assurance Standards Council – Secretary
- Financial Executives Institute of the Philippines
- FEU Alumni Foundation, Inc. – Director
- Philippine Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Philippine Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- RCM – former Director and Committee Chairman for Community Service and Comptroller
- Makati Rotary Club Foundation, Inc. – former Corporate Secretary
- Executive Leadership Program – The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania
- Master’s degree in management, Asian Institute of Management
- Bachelor’s degree in accountancy, summa cum laude, Far Eastern University